Monday, February 3, 2014

Red Velvet Woopies


1 pkg. Pillsbury Red Velvet Cookies
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. finely chopped nuts

Bake cookies according to package directions.  While cooking, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and nuts.  After cookies have cooked and cooled, spread 6 with cream cheese mix.  Top each with remaining cookies.

Comments:  I bought the package of Red Velvet cookies because they were on sale.  I'm not normally a prepackaged cookie maker but this was a sale I couldn't pass up.  When I started to make them I thought about Red Velvet cake and how I could incorporate an icing.  I actually thought about just sprinkling the nuts into the softened cream cheese but ended up adding just a little sugar.  After tasting one of these goodies, I could have gone either way.  These cookies turned out delicious!  And they are just in time for Valentine's Day.

No comments: