Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Imitation Crab Pasta Salad


I
3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Toss with crab and vegetables. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.


Comments:  Of course I made changes.  The original recipe called for celery, bell peppers, low-fat mayo and low-fat ranch dressing.  It also called for 4 1/2 cups of uncooked pasta.  I cut that down to 3 cups, used regular mayo and left out the celery and bell peppers.  Reason - I didn't have any on hand.  Didn't matter.  I also added the cheese which added just another flavor.  My neighbor went out of the country for a few weeks and left me her dill weed plant to watch while she was gone.  I used some if it to make this dish.  The fresh dill was the key to this dish being such a success.  Every bite has you wanting another.  You can't beat this one.

No comments: