Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Pineapple Bars



1 tube of sugar cookie mix, room temp.
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 to 3/4 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Press the cookie mix evenly into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish sprayed with non-stick.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is lightly browned.  Remove from the oven and evenly spread the crushed pineapple over the cookie.  Top with cheese.  Turn the oven to broil and place the dish back into the oven.  Watch carefully while the cheese melts and has a very light brown coloring.  Cool and cut into squares.  Makes 2-3 dozen depending on their size.

Comments:  I love pineapple and cheese so decided to create something new that could be eaten like a cookie.  I took these to 3 of my food testers, one being my 100 year old neighbor.  They loved them and wanted more so I made another batch just for them making everyone happy.  I haven't tried this yet but I think this would be good with a little coconut and maybe even a few crushed nuts.  So simple yet so delicious!

No comments: