Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pork Chop Potato Soup



4-5 boneless pork chops
2 Tbsp. oil
4 cups water
3-4 med. potatoes
4 more cups water
1 pkg. (4 oz.) instant potatoes with the works
salt & pepper to taste
cheese

Cut pork chops into 1/2" (approx.) pieces.  Put in a large pot with oil.  Saute on high until all has started to brown.  Add 4 cups water, cover and simmer until meat starts to fall apart (1-1 1/2 hrs. depending on meat).  Cut potatoes into cubes.  Add the other 4 cups of water and simmer until potatoes are done.  Add package of instant potatoes, salt & pepper.  Stir to mix.  Add more water if you want a thinner soup.  Sprinkle with cheese when serving.

Comment:  This soup came to me out of the blue.  I had a package of boneless pork chops that I had found on sale.  I spotted a package of instant potatoes with the works in the pantry and decided since it's cold outside soup would be good.  This worked perfectly!  I'll not change a thing when I make it again.  Well... I might add some chopped green onions.  Maybe a little bacon bits.

No comments: