Friday, July 10, 2009

Cream Cheese Butter Cookies

3 cups packaged sugar cookie mix
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened

Mix all ingredients together (I use my hands to make sure the cream cheese is mixed in well). Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Break off pieces and shape into a ball about 1 1/2" . Press flat and place on a non-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

When I made these for the first time and tasted them I had only 1 change that I would make and that would be to add about 1/4 cup of finely ground pecans. I'm sure there are other changes that you could make but after tasting them you may not want to change them at all.

I have an update of this cookie recipe. I made 9 dozen to go in my "tester's" Easter baskets. I made 1/4 of them with finely ground pecans and 1/4 of them with finely ground almonds. They are wonderful! Next I'll try them with coconut.

No comments: