Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taco Spaghetti


1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg Taco seasoning, dry
3/4 cup water
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, undrained
1/2 lb. spaghetti
salsa
lettuce
cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions.  Brown ground beef and drain.  Add Taco seasoning and water.  Cook about 5 minutes to blend well.  Add black beans.  Cook another 5 minutes on med. high to blend and heat completely.  Serves serve place a serving of spaghetti on the plate.  Top with taco mixture.  sprinkle with cheese, lettuce and salsa.

Comments:  I love spaghetti and I love tacos so why not eat them together.  I've actually had chili spaghetti but this is just a little different.  The addition of the salsa and lettuce on top were great!  You can also add sour cream if you want.  Anything you might want on your taco can be added to this dish.

Comment from Food Tester Carol:  This dish caught me by surprise.  I'd always liked tacos because of the filling but not because of the taco itself.  Why didn't I ever think to put this zingy, familiar "stuffing" into a sauce with the familiar spices, black beans, ground meat, bits of lettuce and place them on a favorite pasta and - presto! -- a winner.  I think almost any kind of pasta would be a good match.  AND top with a touch of tangy red pepper salsa and whatever other toppings you love.  When I make this I will add some chopped avocado.  The variations are endless.  Martha has given us a perfectly delicious dish that will inspire us to add our own touches.



No comments: