Saturday, October 4, 2014

Wild Rice and Ground Beef Soup



1 lb. lean ground beef
1 box Rice a Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice
1 2/3 cup water
1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portabella Mushroom

In a large sauce pan brown ground beef.  Add Rice and seasoning packet.  Add water.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered about 25 minutes or until rice is done.  Add Starter and heat.  Serves 6-8 depending upon appetite.

Comment:  I found a box of Rice a Roni in my pantry and spotted the can of Progresso Starter and decided why not.  I had originally planned on this being a casserole type dish but the Starter is thinner than I thought so I made it into a soup.  To make this into a casserole, omit the water and use the Starter for your liquid to cook the rice.  This is one yummy dish.  I'm actually glad it turned out as a soup.  The ground beef and Portabellas along with the wild rice made a perfect blend.

No comments: