Monday, April 9, 2018

Pina Colada Fluff



1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
1 container (16 oz. or 2 8 oz.) cool whip

Combine all ingredients mixing until pudding had dissolved.  Refrigerate 2-3 hrs. or until set.

Comment:  The original recipe called for 1 can of pineapple with juice, no coconut extract and no coconut.  It also called for 1 8 oz. container of cool whip.  I had a fresh pineapple that needed to be used so I used that instead of the canned and increased the amount of the cool whip to add extra moisture.  I also added the coconut and extract because I love the taste of a good Pina Colada.  This is simply delicious.  As for the number of servings, I have no idea.  I'm taking it to the nursing home and it ended up filling the cool whip container so I would say at least 8-10?

No comments: