Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Coconut Pudding



1 pkg. Global Sugar Sprinkled Coconut Cookies
1 pkg. shredded coconut
2 pkg. vanilla or coconut pudding mix

In a 13 x 9 baking dish place 1 layer of cookies.  Sprinkle coconut over cookies.  Make pudding according to package directions.  Slowly pour over coconut.  Top with another layer of cookies.  Refrigerate

Comment:  This is a recipe that I came up with making it in place of banana pudding.  I make my own pudding but you can use instant or cook style pudding.  If you don't find coconut pudding or you make your own, add about 1/2 tsp. of coconut extract.  The cookies I used are the Global but any coconut cookie will work.  The Global are small and I used about 60 cookies.  You can even use vanilla wafers if you want.  This dish turned out so good.  My 99 year old neighbor dug into it as soon as I took it over.  It is so simple and a very inexpensive dish to make.  This will serve 8-10 depending upon the size of your serving.

No comments: