Friday, November 30, 2018

Pita Burgers



Lean Ground Beef
Ketchup
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Cheese, shredded
Sauted Onions
Pita Bread

Brown the ground beef.  Drain if needed.  While the meat is still hot add to taste - ketchup, mustard mayonnaise and cheese.  Stuff into pita halves.  Top with grilled onions.

Comment:  My dog wasn't feeling well so I browned him some ground beef and mixed a little with his dog food to get him to eat.  I had about 3/4 lb. left over and didn't know what to do with cooked, crumbled ground beef, other than spaghetti, etc.  Then it hit me.  I heated it back up, added the toppings I normally add to my burgers along with shredded cheese.  I sauted some onions, stuffed the meat mixture into pita halves  and added the onions on top.  The cheese acted as a glue holding the meat together, keeping it from falling out of the pita.  The taste was better than a regular hamburger!  I took some to one of my Food Testers.  She loved it so much she bought some ground beef and pitas and 2 nights later she made her own.  I'm sure you could add tomatoes and lettuce if you use the larger pitas.  I used the small. 

No comments: