Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sweet Potato Pie


1 can (21 oz.) Bruce's Baked Sweet Potatoes
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmet
1/2 tsp. salt
1 unbaked deep dish pie crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  With a mixer beat potatoes, milk, eggs and spices until well blended.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 degrees.  Bake another 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Comments - About 30 minutes into baking at the 350 degrees I laid a piece of foil over the top to stop the browning of the crust.  This pie is thick and oh so good, as well as easy to make.  When my pie was done I dabbed it with thin slices of butter and sprinkled just a little sugar over the top.  Then I placed it back into the oven just long enough for the butter to melt completely.  Changes - top with marshmallows and pecans.  But for me, I loved this the way it is.

No comments: