Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mac & Cheese with Chicken


6 oz. pkg of pasta noodles, cooked and drained
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 cups milk
3 cups cheese, shredded
bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl whisk milk and flour.  Add 2 1/2 cups cheese, chicken and noodles.  Mix well.  Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.  Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bread crumbs.  Drizzle with butter.  Bake 40-45 minutes or until cheese has melted, dish is bubbly and crumbs are browned.  Serves 6-8.

Comment:  I found chicken breasts on sale for $.99 lb. and couldn't resist buying.  Now what to do with them.  I decided to boil and think about it later.  Later came and some went to chicken salad but the rest went into a true comfort food...mac & cheese.  I boiled my noodles in some of the chicken broth which gave them a delicious flavor and for my cheese I used half of a cheddar blend and half of an Italian blend.  This turned out so good.

No comments: