Monday, November 4, 2013

Mac & Cheese Muffins


1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
2 Land O Lake Sauté Express, garlic and herb
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheese
'extra' cheese, about 1/2 cup shredded
Panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray 24 mini-muffin tins with non-stick spray.  Lightly cover the bottom of each tin with the 'extra' cheese.  Bake about 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted completely .   Cook macaroni according to package directions.  Drain and set aside.  In a sauce pan on med. heat melt Sauté Express.  Blend in flour and stir until smooth.  Whisk in milk.  Cook until milk is very hot.  Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheese.  Fold in macaroni.  Spoon mixture into muffin tins.  Sprinkle with Panko.  Bake about 20 minutes or until bubbly and Panko has started to brown.  Allow to cool about 5 minutes before removing. 
Comments:  I saw something like this cooked on the Food Channel but it was late at night so I didn't write down their ingredients, so I did what I love to do and that is to Think With My Taste Buds.  I knew they had used butter and I think they used garlic but I couldn't remember when no where it was added so I decided to use the Sauté Express.  I know they used 3 or 4 different cheeses with one being Goat which I didn't have.  I decided to use a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella.  The cheddar for flavor and the mozzarella to act as glue.  I did remember they put something in the bottom of the tins but couldn't remember what so I used cheese.  I must have done something right because these little Mac and Cheese Muffins turned out delicious! 

No comments: