Friday, November 1, 2013

Milky Way Cookies


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
6 mini Milky Way candy bars cut into small pieces (about the size of chocolate chips)

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until well-blended.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat until fluffy.  Beat in flour, salt and baking soda.  Stir in Milky Way pieces.  Chill dough at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  Make walnut size balls of dough, press down and place on sheet about 2 1/2 - 3 inches apart.  Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.  Cool completely.

Comments:  I found this recipe on Pinterest  and it called for crushed Butterfingers.  Well it was Halloween but I didn't have any butter fingers so I chopped up some Milky Way bars.  I'm not a chocolate fan but the caramel from the Milky Way made these cookies so good that I had a hard time saving enough to give to some of my food testers for Halloween.  This did tell me that I could use this recipe with other candies.  If you use candies like butter fingers, crush them.  If you use gooey candies like the Milky Way, cut them into small pieces.  These cookies are simply delicious.

No comments: