Saturday, February 8, 2014

Corned Beef Casserole


1 box (8 oz.) pasta
1 can (12 oz.) corned beef
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated cheese
French fried onions, optional

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain.  Mix corned beef with soup and cheese.  Stir until well blended.  Fold in pasta.  Pour into 2 qt. baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.  Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.  Top with French fried onions.  Serves 4

Comment:  This recipe came from an old cookbook that I found at an Estate sale.  The book had been well used and was in pretty bad condition.  The directions for making this dish listed the 4 main ingredients but the directions were incomplete so I assumed my method was correct but maybe not.  I did add the French fried onions as a topper and I also used the beefy mushroom soup instead of the plain.  This did come out as a really tasty dish.  Due to the salty corned beef I wouldn't add salt until tasting.  For changes you can save some of the cheese to sprinkle over the top, I didn't.  This is a dish for anyone who needs something quick.  Don't like corned beef?  To me this tasted nothing like corned beef but more like a beef and gravy type sauce dish.  This could also be made into a dip by leaving out the pasta.  Heat and serve with corn chips or bread cubes.  It can be kept warm in a fondue pot.

No comments: