Friday, June 13, 2014

Buttery Sriracha Pot Roast



2 1/4 lb. beef chuck roast
1/2 pkg. Ranch Buttermilk dressing powder
3 oz. onion, sliced thin
2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place meat in a suitable pan.  Sprinkle Ranch powder over the top surface of the meat.  Next top with the sliced onions.  Drizzle Sriracha over onions.  Dot with small pieces of butter to evenly cover.  Top with a good sprinkle of black pepper.  Pop into oven without a cover and bake for about 2 hours.  Serves 4.


Comment:  This recipe came from Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes and when it was sent to me I had to give it a try.  I actually made a special trip to the grocery store to buy my roast.  I didn't know what Sriracha sauce was so I googled and found it's a chili sauce so that is what I used and I did add a little more than the 2 tsp.  I probably used about 3 Tbsp because I love the taste.  Other than that, I followed the directions completely.  This roast is simply delicious.  The onions, with the chili sauce are good by themselves but when combined with the meat, you have one fine dish.  I'm serving mine with potatoes that I'm boiling in the drippings that came from the roast and believe me, the way water is added to meat before we buy it, there is plenty of liquid for boiling.Check out this site for even more delicious recipes. 

No comments: