Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Shrimp Salad


1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
1 cup chopped celery
1 large carrot, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, chopped (white and green tops)
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt & pepper to taste

In a large bowl combine all ingredients.  Chill until ready to serve.

Comment:  I found this recipe in an allrecipes booklet.  I made just a couple of changes.  I chopped my carrot instead of shredding it.  I used only 1/4 cup of chopped green onions instead of 1/2 cup of regular.  And I decreased the mayonnaise from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup and could probably have cut that down to about 1/4 so I recommend adding the mayo a little at a time.  I wasn't sure that I would like this.  I simply couldn't imagine mayo and shrimp but some people do dip their shrimp in tartar sauce which has mayo as an ingredient.  I wasn't sure about the boiled eggs and shrimp but used them anyway.  What I found when making this dish was 1 - you can taste each ingredient individually which makes it unique.  2 - it's a perfect light meal served on a bed of lettuce with crackers.  3 - this dish is simply delicious!

No comments: