Monday, August 18, 2014

Italian Sausage Alfredo



1/2 lb. spaghetti
1 Tbsp.  oil
1 lb. Italian sausage, sliced into circles
1 medium  green pepper, cut into strips
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook pasta according to package, drain but leave in pot.  Add oil to a large skillet.  Heat oil on medium.  Add sausage and peppers.  Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes to allow to slightly brown.  Cover and cook another 10 minutes to cook completely.  Drain.  Stir in Alfredo sauce.  Pour over sauce over cooked pasta.  Pour into a 2 qt. baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 10 - 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted.  Serves 4-6 (depending on how hungry you might be)


Comments:  I had planned on making an Alfredo dish with chicken and broccoli but when I went to take out my chicken I found I was out and not wanting to go to the store I searched for something else to use.  That is when I spotted my Italian sausage links.  I thought - why not.  Boy did I come up with a delicious combination.  I wasn't quite sure how the Alfredo would taste with my sausage but it turns out that they fit perfectly.  Who would have guessed.  And the best part - it's simple and quick to make.

No comments: