Monday, August 4, 2014

Loaded Baked Cauliflower




1 heat of cauliflower
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
6 Tbsp. chives (divided)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
8 strips cooked bacon (divided)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut cauliflower off the stem and place in a sauce pan, covering with water.  Cook until tender.  Drain well but leave it in the pan.  Add sour cream, mayonnaise, 3 Tbsp. of the chives, 1 cup of the cheese and 4 slices of the bacon, crumbled.  Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.  Bake until hot and bubbly.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 3 Tbsp. of chives, 1/2 cup of cheese and 4 crumbled pieces of bacon.  Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted.

Comment:  This is recipe came to me from a lady named Freda Mans.  It looked so good that as soon as she gave me the recipe I had to hit the grocery store to buy a head of cauliflower.  Believe me, it was worth it.  This is better than potatoes.  I normally only eat my cauliflower raw or broiled so I now have yet another way to enjoy this delicious vegetable.  This is a must try even if you don't like cauliflower.  This recipe will change your mind.

Comments from Carol:  This dish has all of our favorite flavors - cheddar, bacon, green onion - being held together with the cauliflower by a creamy sauce.  Some recipes attempt to cover up the flavor of cauliflower but this dish matches it with partners that enhance its flavor!  I couldn't stop eating it.  Only guilt made me stop and save some for other family members.


No comments: