Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fruit Pudding



1 can pie fruit pie filling (I used apple)
1 container Cool Whip
2 cups miniature marshmallows
3/4 cups nuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk

In a large bowl combine all ingredients.  Pour into serving dish.  Refrigerate.

Comment:  It doesn't get any easier than this.  I found this recipe in an 1980s cookbook and had to try.  I used the apple pie filling and the spices within the filling flavored everything perfectly.  Now I can't wait to try this with strawberry pie filling and later cherry.  I have a feeling this will work well with fresh fruit instead of the filling too.  I plan to give it a try in the Spring.  I also think this will work with non-fruit pie fillings too.  I also crushed up some Biscotti and added to the top, mainly for looks but you could use cookies that compliment the pie filling flavor you are using.   Have fun and play with your pie filling.

No comments: