Monday, December 8, 2014

Pretzel Fudge



1 1/2 tsp. plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
3 cups sugar
1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
1 pkg (10-12 oz.) white baking chips
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup crushed pretzels


Line a 13 x 9 x 2 pan with foil.  Grease the foil with the 1 1/2 tsp. butter.  Evenly sprinkle with crushed pretzels.  Set aside.  In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk and remaining butter.  Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.  Bring to a boil over med. heat.  Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in chips, marshmallow cream and vanilla until smooth.  Pour into prepared pan.  Cool completely on a wire rack.  Using foil, lift fudge out of pan.  Discard foil.  Cut into 1" squares.  Store in an airtight container.  Makes about 3 lbs.

Comment:  I was looking for a recipe to make my white fudge with pretzels.  I normally use a powdered sugar recipe but wanted to try something different.  This is a little more work but the butter flavor is well worth it.  I usually add my crushed pretzels to the actual candy but didn't know if the added ingredient to this type of recipe would keep it form setting so I sprinkled them on the bottom and poured the hot candy over them.  I also sprinkled a few on top as an added touch.  This candy is too good!  I had to get all of it out of my house quickly so I wouldn't eat too much.

No comments: