Saturday, July 25, 2015

Easy Key Lime Pie



1 box (11 oz.) vanilla wafers
1 stick melted butter
2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3/4 cup lime juice
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
2 containers (6 oz. each) Key Lime Pie Yogurt
1 grated lime peel

Place wafers in a food processor and pulse until crumbled.  This can also be done in a plastic bag crushing with a rolling pin.  Add butter to crumbs.  Press into a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.  In a large bowl mix condensed milk and lime juice.  Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until thick and smooth.  Fold in whipped topping and yogurt.  Spoon onto wafer crust.  Top with grated lime peel.  Cover and refrigerate about 8 hrs or until completely set.  Cut into 5 rows by 4 rows.  Cover and refrigerate leftovers.


Comments:  This recipe came from Pillsbury and I did make some changes.  The original called for using a tube of Pillsbury sugar cookies, baking them and then crumbling them after cooling, then adding 1 cup of whipped topping before pressing into dish.  To quicken this recipe I bought a box of vanilla wafers and used the butter in the crumbs instead of the topping.  The recipe also called for 2 containers of 8 oz. each whipped topping.  I used 1 since I didn't use any in the crust.  I also sprinkled with almond slivers instead of the lime peel.  My method still gave me a delicious Key Lime Pie but in a quicker preparation time.  This dish will serve a crowd and they will love every bite.  My food testers did!

No comments: