Saturday, September 5, 2015

Snicker Pie



5 Snickers cut in pieces or 18 small bars
2 regular size pastry shell baked
12 oz cream cheese
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place Snickers in bottom of the cooked pie shell.  In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Add eggs, sour cream and peanut butter; beat on low speed just until combined.  Pour into pie shell over Snickers.  Bake  for 25-30 minutes or until set.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven.   Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.

Comments:  This recipe came from a friend of mine and I finally decided to give it a try.  She used the 5 regular size snickers but to cut cost I bought a bag of the individual size and ended up using 9 bars in each shell.  She also used just 1 shell which apparently was a deep dish.  I had the regular shells so I used 2.  The only other difference between mine and her pie was the chocolate.  She melted the chips were I cut down the prep time by sprinkling the chips over the top of the hot pie.  Baking time may varies by the shell.  With me using the 2 shells I found 30 minutes to be perfect.  I determined the pie was done when a toothpick in the center didn't come out wet.  If you use the 1 deep dish shell you might want to add 10 minutes to your baking time.  But don't overcook or your pie will become hard.  

No comments: