Friday, December 23, 2016

Broccoli Casserole



2 frozen packages of chopped broccoli or a 1 lb. pkg., thawed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheese
French Fried Onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook broccoli until just starting to become tender.  Drain.  In a large bowl mix the broccoli and mushroom soup.  Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish sprayed with non-stick.  Top with cheese.  Bake 15 minutes.  Top with French Fried Onions.  Bake another 5 minutes or until onions are just starting to brown.

Comment:  I ate at a restaurant that served their 'broccoli casserole' which was delicious.  Of course I ask for the recipe or at least a list of the ingredients.  No way.  Well, I picked the dish apart as I ate and if I didn't come up with their recipe I came up with one that is just as good.  I simply used the simple Green Bean Casserole substituting the broccoli for the green beans and adding the cheese.  EVERYONE, including myself like this better than the Green Bean Casserole.  This is a dish that you can't lose with.

No comments: