Saturday, September 30, 2017

Blueberry Cookies



1 pkg (7 oz.) Blueberry Muffin Mix
3/4 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix muffin mix and butter until well blended.  Shape into balls about the size of a large walnut.  Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Press down with a fork.  Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown.  Makes 9-12 cookies depending on size.

Again I was trying to come up with something different to take to my friend for my Sunday visit.  I thought about making muffins but thought those might be a bit messy since she has to eat everything while sitting up in bed.  Then it hit me that if I added nothing but butter to the muffin mix that I just might be able to make cookies.  YES!!!! It worked and they are delicious.  I took some to a couple of my food testers and they both loved them.  They agreed they had never even heard of blueberry cookies and were shocked when I told them what they were made from.  Next I'm going to make Apple Cinnamon Muffin Cookies. 

If you use a larger package you will have to increase the amount of melted butter.  I started off with 1/2 stick of butter but it wasn't quite enough so I took it up to 3/4 of a stick.  Experiment with the amount of butter when using a larger package of muffin mix by increasing it until you have a texture that will easily roll into balls.  With these cookies you not only taste the blueberry but also butter making a beautiful combination.

No comments: