Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mandarin Orange Cottage Cheese



1 large carton (24 oz.) cottage cheese
1 carton (8 oz.) Cool Whip
2 cans Mandarin oranges drained (about 1 cup)
1 pkg. Orange Jello

Mix cottage cheese, cool whip and jello until well blended.  Fold in oranges.  Cover and refrigerate.

Comment:  I have a dear friend who I visit every Sunday at a nursing home.  I know the food there may not be the best so I try to bring something special to each visit.  This always prompts a conversation about food and old recipes.  She told me about a dish that she had a long time ago that was so good, so easy and only required 4 ingredients.  She didn't know the measurements but said it was something she really missed.  I went by the store on my way home and bought the 4 ingredients above perfected it with my 1st try. 

This dish is creamy and feels so cool to the tongue.  I've actually made it twice.  Once using the oranges and orange jello, once using pineapple chunks and pineapple jello.  Both are delicious.  This also makes a large amount.  I would guess the number of servings as 10-12 depending on your serving size.

No comments: